A tow behind the lawn sprayer helps you to do large spraying jobs. It is the best device to spray weed killers, liquid insecticides, water on large areas, and liquid fertilizers on your lawn.
You can mount the tow behind the lawn sprayer with ATV, UTV, or other vehicles to perform your job. It makes your job easier, but it will be inefficient if you do not know how to use the tow behind the lawn sprayer?
In this article, we will guide how you can effectively and safely use the tow behind the sprayer.
Table Of Contents
- 1 How to use tow behind the lawn spray (Step-by-Step Guide)
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 3 Conclusion
How to use tow behind the lawn spray (Step-by-Step Guide)
Step 1- Read Instruction Manual
If you are using the tow behind sprayer with boom for the first time, first read the instruction manual. It will help you to understand its assembling and proper operations with safety.
While reading the instruction manual, read about its assembling, chemical handling, and speed adjustments. Do not forget to read the lawn mower sprayer mount and safe operation on steep slope instructions.
Step 2- Assemble the tow behind the lawn sprayer
Once you have read the instructions manual, follow the guidelines and assemble the lawn sprayer. Do not violate the instructions because it can cause injury if you do the wrong assembly.
Step 3- Evaluate the wind conditions
Do not forget to assess the wind conditions, because it is essential for safe doing. Check the wind direction always goes against the wind direction.
If you go in a similar direction, chemicals will make it hard to work. When you need to use tow behind sprayer to ensure the breeze is moderate, fast wind also causes problems.
Step 4- Prepare Sprayer
Once the weather is safe, make your sprayer ready for working. You will need to fill the sprayer before starting your task. Follow the below steps to fill the sprayer.
- Wear safety Gadgets– Cover yourself with recommended personal protection gadgets as the chemical mark directs.
- Turn off the vehicle– Keep your vehicle switched off until filling
- Remove fill Cap– Take off the fill limit cap to fill the sprayer
- Wash previous chemicals– If you use an older sprayer, check and ensure the entire previous chemical is washed correctly. Wash it, if necessary.
- Tighten the drain cap– You will need to fill the reservoir, but before filling, make sure the drain cap is tight; otherwise, you may face water leakage.
- Fill water in reservoir– Fill the water and pesticide in the reservoir and flush the tank.
- Blend the solvent– Mix the solvent thoroughly in the tank
Step 5 – Test the sprayer
Before starting the job, I recommend testing the tow behind lawn sprayer. It will not take more than a couple of minutes but will make your job efficient. If there is any issue, rectify it; otherwise, go for task completion.
Step 6 – Make Adjustments
Now you can complete your job, but you can face some issues during work. If you make the following adjustments, it will help you finish your job perfectly.
- Close boom valve: You may experience unintentional spray release to avoid closing the broadcast boom valve.
- Turn on sprayer strength: Keep sprayer’s strength turned on.
- Adjust the Nozzle points: When you need to switch from a straight stream to a hollow cone pattern, you will need to twist the boom nozzle. Boom Nozzle needs care while adjusting it; it will be good if the nozzle is pointing down.
If it is not, then remove the nozzle retaining nut and rotate the boom nozzle. It will allow nozzle keeping open points straightforward; when you get the required level, tighten the nozzle retaining nut.
It will be fine if the nozzle is 20 inches above the ground; it ensures maximum area coverage. You can achieve this height by keeping the sprayer leveled with the ground. Level the sprayer so that it covers the entire spray area evenly.
That’s all you can spray or water in the largest area now. It will be a pleasing experience to cover the largest lawn area in a couple of minutes.
Step 7 – Clean and store the sprayer
Once you have done your job, check the tank; if there are pesticides, drain them and dispose of them properly.
Clean the tank with enough water and place the tow behind the sprayer in the open air to dry. Decontaminate yourself and then store the sprayer in a safe place.
Related Post: What Size Chainsaw for Milling
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What should I do if the sprayer is left unattended during working?
You may experience that the sprayer may be left unattended at any moment; you can fix it by following arrangements.
First, turn off the sprayer’s control unit and depress the gun button. It will allow the machine to relieve the pressure.
Now switch off the vehicle by setting the brakes. The problem will be released, but if the problem still exists, stop using it and check all adjustments as previous.
What size of tow behind the sprayer do I need for 2 acres of lawn?
You can use any gallon size tow behind sprayer when looking for a pull behind lawn sprayer for 2 acres. Generally, tows behind the sprayer are available from 15 to 50 gallons.
You may need to refill it again and again if you are using a smaller size. If you have 2 acres of lawn, I recommend you to use a 50 gallon tow behind sprayer to complete your job without interruptions.
Why does my tow behind the sprayer stop working?
If your tow behind the sprayer stops working, there are many possibilities. But some of the major reasons could be the damaging of the piston seal, blockage of the nozzle, and no immersing of the inner tube in the fluid.
Tows behind the sprayers have made it easy to spray chemicals or water the large lawns. You can cover acres of lawn before an hour efficiently.
But benefits are only ensured when you have used it correctly. We hope this guide will be a great help to finish your job safely and quickly.